Trying to put together some reasoning behind these rankings has been tough–so rather than delay this another week, I’d prefer to get these out now and get to reasoning further on down the road. So, without any more ado, here are our Top 10 Albums Of 2018.
- Brandi Carlile — By The Way, I Forgive You
- boygenius — boygenius EP
- The 1975 — A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationship
- Courtney Barnett — Tell Me How You Really Feel
- Death Cab For Cutie — Thank You For Today
- Mitski — Be The Cowboy
- The Decemberists — I’ll Be Your Girl
- Sophomore Albums (Snail Mail — Lush, Brockhampton — iridescence, Lucy Dacus — Historian, Hinds — I Don’t Run and Camp Cope — How To Socialize And How To Make Friends) Quick note here–there is no real musical connection between these works. They are all releases by young artists on the edge of doing something great and finding their sound. I hope that they do so in 2019.
- Frank Turner — Be More Kind
- Mumford And Sons — Delta
Sex And Food — Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Father John Misty — God’s Favorite Customer
Jeff Tweedy — WARM
Mastersystem — Dance Music
Drake — Scorpion